April is Occupational Therapy Month, making it a perfect time to raise awareness of the service and who can benefit from it.
ProHealth’s occupational therapy services are part of our in-home therapy program, which allows individuals to recover from the comfort of their own home. We help you live your life to your fullest potential, regardless of your health status.
Occupational therapy helps answer the “Now what?” question you may have following an injury or health condition. Our services focus on your ability to perform daily activities such as bathing, meal preparation and home maintenance, tailoring care plans to your priorities and goals.
Occupational therapists can help you:
- Resume everyday activities: Become engaged in the community with skills such as walking, communicating and driving.
- Get your independence back: After stroke or injury, therapists can suggest devices that assist you with personal care.
- Healthy habits: They can give you tips to stay productive and healthy as you manage an injury or medical condition.
ProHealth’s therapists take a holistic approach to assist patients with these life improvements:
- Personal evaluation: Discuss your goals with you, your family and your doctor.
- Intervention: Create an individualized plan to help get you back into your routine.
- Revisit progress: Ensure your plan is working for you and adjust it if necessary.
For more information on ProHealth’s in-home occupational therapy services, contact us online.